Saturday, April 5, 2008

Welcome to my world!

Hello! I'm so happy to have you here. I will try not to bore you too desperately!

My dear friends Eleanor, June, and Kaye (who is also my sister) and I entered into a pact recently that in the next month we would all learn how to do something new in SL or related to it. I'm sure those three will be building wonderful things or mastering some incomprehensible (to me) technology. Me? I am technologically challenged to the nth degree, and as for building? I once made a flat board and put a texture on it to use as wallpaper in my bedroom but that's about the extent. It's not that I couldn't if I tried; it's just that I lose interest so quickly. Why build when I can buy, anyway??? No, my forte is really more right-brainish; I write. I love to write. I write stories. I write poems. I write letters and emails. And so I decided the very best thing for me to learn is how to blog. :) And here I am.

You may wonder why I picked today do this. Well, perhaps you won't wonder; perhaps you'll know. Because SL is completely down today. I tried to log in last night when my typist returned from seeing Phantom of the Opera (oh! what a show!) and found that logins were blocked. This morning (after sleeping until a decadent 10:00!!!) I discovered that the problem was not fixed and I could not log in. Poo. There go the weekend plans to sit around all day in my jammies decorating our new house! I was faced with a choice: Clean my house and do my laundry, or learn how to blog. Guess which I picked?

So now you know one little thing about me: I am not terribly self-disciplined.

I hope as the days and weeks and months go by, I will post things that might interest you enough to return now and then. I love pictures, so you can anticipate seeing many pictures of the wonderful Caldeon events that occur. I will share some of my stories and poems with you, too, and hope you enjoy them. Do you know, I used to keep my writing to myself out of fear that no one would like it, but I grew to realize that I am not writing for your enjoyment but for my own. And so, if you like it, that is a wonderful added benefit to me, because I like to give others pleasure, but I don't enjoy everything I read, and so I don't expect you to, either.

So then, welcome to my world; I hope you return often, and oh!!! how I hope you post replies, because I love dialogue, I love communicating, I love meeting people and making friends. Come, let us share this moment!

No comments: